Wondering what to do while you stay in beautiful Wayanad? There’s something for everyone in this quaint hill station!
Lush tea plantations, diverse wildlife, crystal clear lakes, majestic hills, gushing waterfalls and endless seas of greenery make the pristine hill station of Wayanad one of the best places to visit in God’s own country. This picturesque location is ideal for friends, family or even a romantic getaway when city life gets too much to bear. There’s something for everyone in Wayanad — whether you are a nature buff, a fitness enthusiast, a foodie or even someone who loves getting lost in the pages of history. Here are 5 unique experiences you can have while staying in this little slice of heaven
1. Gaze at nature’s wonders from Chembra Peak – You don’t have to be a seasoned trekker to reach Wayanad’s tallest peak. At 2,100 metres above sea level, Chembra Peak offers a bird’s eye view of not just the entire district, but also of the Nilgiri Hills in Tamil Nadu and Vellarimala Hills in Kozhikode, Kerala.
2. Take a walk through the past at Edakkal Caves – Stone-age carvings at Edakkal Caves make for a unique historical experience. The UNESCO World Heritage Site is home to some fascinating carvings – some as old as 7,000 years!
3. A plantation tour may just be your cup of tea – Wayanad is famous for its tea, producing some of the best blends in the country. A tea estate tour that ends in you sipping on endless cups of your favourite beverage sounds like an ideal morning!
4. Float along India’s largest earthen dam – Located in the foggy foothills of Banasura hills, the Banasura Sagar Dam is considered the second largest in Asia. Hike, go on a leisurely boat ride or open up a picnic basket while taking in the beauty around you.
5. Bring out the shutterbug in you – Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary, an integral part of the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve, connects Nagarhole and Bandipur parks in Karnataka, and Mudumalai in Tamil Nadu. Keep your cameras ready and fingers crossed – you may just spot tigers, panthers, bison, and undoubtedly, some elephants.
The next time you crave being surrounded by rich greenery, away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, stay with us at GReaT Trails in Wayanad. Nestled in the midst of the rainforests of the majestic Western Ghats, this latest property by the GRT group promises an experience like no other.
Come experience serenity at its best; book your stay now. https://grthotels.com/wayanad