Crowds, cameras flashing and pollution of all kinds — don’t you hate it when you go on a much-awaited break and the spots on your itinerary are full of people taking selfies? We hear you!
Wayanad too, known for its rich flora, fauna and history, sees tourists flocking to soak in the splendour of the Western Ghats. The well-connected district in God’s own Country sees visitors from nearby Karnataka and Tamil Nadu, as well as from across the globe. Popular spots like Muthunga Wildlife Sanctuary, Chembra Peak and Banasura Dam see tourists all year long. Giving these a miss, especially in peak season time, is probably a good idea if you’re looking for some privacy.
So, to draw you away from the crowds, here are some off-beat recommendations for a quick three-day trip to this lush locale.
1. Spend a day on two wheels – The best way to explore Wayanad in all its glory would be to hop on a cycle and make your way through the tea and coffee plantations. Hire a cycle to take in the serene sights of sounds of this idyllic hill station.
2. Discover the past – Wayanad Heritage Museum is one of the largest and best museums to discover the archaeological wonders of the state. Ancient pottery, sculptures and scripts transport you to a different era.
3. The art of bamboo-ing – Want to try something truly different? Check out the bamboo factory at Uravu to not only learn how this essential produce of Kerala is processed, but also to take back some souvenirs.
4. Spice it up – If trekking is for you, a hike through Kalladi Forest is worth every step. The smell of cardamom gently flows through the air as you walk past tea and spice estates, rainforests and hilly terrain.
5. Live local – The best way to soak in the culture of a place is by going local. Visit the nearby villages and fields to understand the Wayanad way of life and eat at small joints for the true taste of Kerala.
There’s much to do in Wayanad, and three days may seem like too little time in this picturesque place. Make day trips to try these off-beat activities, and let us spoil you in the evenings with that famous Kerala hospitality at GReaT Trails Wayanad. Luxury meets comfort meets tradition — find it all at this first-of-its-kind property by the GRT Hotels & Resorts Group in Kerala.
Book your stay now: https://grthotels.com/wayanad in Kerala.